The racing ladder starts with a group of young lions chomping at the bit, and all going for the same brass ring - F1.
Only a few will make it. So what does it take?
In our latest video a group of top international drivers, at various steps on the ladder, talk about what it takes to reach the top - as well as discussing some alternate routes to a successful racing career.
- Most Viewed
- What Teams Look For
- Managing Your Racing Career
- Open vs. Closed Wheel Racing
- Finding Sponsorship: Where to Begin
- Working with Media – Part 1
- Working with Media – Part 2
- Knowing When to Move Up
- Becoming a Champion – Bobby Unser
- Becoming a Champion – Mario Andretti
- Getting Started in Karting
- Getting Started – SCCA
- Finding a Career in Motorsports
- Winning a Racing Scholarship
- Preparing for the Big Test
- The Ladder System
- Racing in Europe
- The Complete Driver
- The Driver Coach
- FIA Young Driver Excellence Academy
- How to Make it to the Top, with McLaren’s Zak Brown
- Landing a sponsor
- The Teamwork Challenge
- The Fast Way Up the Racing Ladder
- F4 US Championship: The Starting Point
- Esports: The Game Changer?
- What It Takes to Be a Great Racing Driver… In 90 seconds
- The Racing Ladder: How to Move Up