Back in the day, Formula Ford was the place for aspiring champions to launch their careers. RDDC members such as Jimmy Vasser, Michael Andretti and Danny Sullivan all got their starts in FF.
Today there is a new FIA-sanctioned class designed for young karting drivers to show their mettle in open-wheel cars - and begin their climb up the racing ladder. It’s Formula 4, and it’s designed to be the first step to F1.
In our latest video, we take a look at Formula 4 USA and hear from some young lions who are hoping that this is their launching pad toward a successful racing career.
- Most Viewed
- What Teams Look For
- Managing Your Racing Career
- Open vs. Closed Wheel Racing
- Finding Sponsorship: Where to Begin
- Working with Media – Part 1
- Working with Media – Part 2
- Knowing When to Move Up
- Becoming a Champion – Bobby Unser
- Becoming a Champion – Mario Andretti
- Getting Started in Karting
- Getting Started – SCCA
- Finding a Career in Motorsports
- Winning a Racing Scholarship
- Preparing for the Big Test
- The Ladder System
- Racing in Europe
- The Complete Driver
- The Driver Coach
- FIA Young Driver Excellence Academy
- How to Make it to the Top, with McLaren’s Zak Brown
- Landing a sponsor
- The Teamwork Challenge
- The Fast Way Up the Racing Ladder
- F4 US Championship: The Starting Point
- Esports: The Game Changer?
- What It Takes to Be a Great Racing Driver… In 90 seconds
- The Racing Ladder: How to Move Up