Back in the “good old days of racing” if you wanted to go fast, there was only one way to apply the throttle - You simply stood on it.
But in today’s ultra high-tech race cars, throttle control is a bit more complicated than that.
To find out the latest secrets of putting down the power, we talked to some top drivers and engineers from motorsport’s most technologically-advanced categories.
We’ve asked some of the best WEC factory drivers - Porsche’s Brendon Hartley and Andre Lotterer, Toyota’s Anthony Davidson, and Ferrari’s Sam Bird to explain just how to stand on it in today’s world.
- Most Viewed
- The Fast Line
- Driving Simulators: iRacing
- Hitting the Apex
- Driving Simulators: Training Exercises
- Maximizing Your Tires
- Late Braking
- Driving with Downforce
- Karts to Cars
- Is Smooth Fast?
- Learning a New Track
- The Perfect Lap
- Left-Foot Braking
- Fernando Alonso’s 7 Tips for Young Drivers
- Driving The Green Hell
- Driver vs Engineer: Developing a Relationship
- In Fast – Out Fast: The Secrets of Carrying Speed
- Esports: The Game Changer?
- Learning To Lead a Race
- The Secrets to Winning The Indy 500
- Saving Fuel… And Still Going Fast
- Developing a Winning Strategy
- Throttle Control
- Speed vs Consistency
- Qualifying: How to lay down a flyer