Today, overtaking in all forms of racing has become more difficult than ever - and that has made the ability to qualify well one of the real keys to winning.
But how do the fast guys lay down a flyer when it really counts?
To find out, we asked some of the fastest guys from the top racing series in North America just how they do it: Indy 500 winner Takuma Sato and fellow IndyCar ace Graham Rahal, IMSA Prototype’s fastest driver Ricky Taylor, Porsche factory driver Patrick Long and former Indy Lights Champion Sage Karam.
Watch this video, and I promise you'll find a couple of tenths.
- Most Viewed
- The Fast Line
- Driving Simulators: iRacing
- Hitting the Apex
- Driving Simulators: Training Exercises
- Maximizing Your Tires
- Late Braking
- Driving with Downforce
- Karts to Cars
- Is Smooth Fast?
- Learning a New Track
- The Perfect Lap
- Left-Foot Braking
- Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets
- Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets Part 2
- Fernando Alonso’s 7 Tips for Young Drivers
- Driving The Green Hell
- Driver vs Engineer: Developing a Relationship
- In Fast – Out Fast: The Secrets of Carrying Speed
- Esports: The Game Changer?
- Learning To Lead a Race
- The Secrets to Winning The Indy 500
- Finding Tenths
- Developing a Winning Strategy
- Throttle Control
- Speed vs Consistency
- Qualifying: How to lay down a flyer