These days Formula One allows for very little on-track testing, so the teams have turned to simulators for much of their race car development.
In our latest video tutorial, Felipe Massa takes us inside the Williams F1 factory and shows how they do it.
And even if you don’t have a million dollar sim, there are ways you can do the same.
Race Car Set up
- Most Viewed
- Understeer/Oversteer 1: What’s faster?
- Understeer/Oversteer 2: Mistaking One For Other
- Understeer/Oversteer 3: Balancing the Car
- Understeer/Oversteer 4: Driving Around Problem
- Engineering the Race Car – Jim Hall
- Car Set Up 1: Camber, Castor, Toe, Ackerman
- Car Set Up 2: Springs, Shocks, Roll Bars
- Car Set Up 3: Ride Height, Rake, Weight Jackers
- Learning Car Setup on a Simulator
- Race Engineering and Design – John Heinricy
- Becoming a Race Engineer
- Data Acquisition: Using Telemetry for Speed
- Delivering the Power: Engineering the Motor
- Formula 1 Testing – Felipe Massa