Jim Hall was the designer, engineer, and driver behind the legendary Chaparrals - cars that literally changed the face of racing with their focus on aerodynamics, which has now become the key to all race car design.
In the video, Jim candidly talks about what a driver can do to best engineer a race car and explains how aero works.
Race Car Set up
- Most Viewed
- Understeer/Oversteer 1: What’s faster?
- Understeer/Oversteer 2: Mistaking One For Other
- Understeer/Oversteer 3: Balancing the Car
- Understeer/Oversteer 4: Driving Around Problem
- Engineering the Race Car – Jim Hall
- Car Set Up 1: Camber, Castor, Toe, Ackerman
- Car Set Up 2: Springs, Shocks, Roll Bars
- Car Set Up 3: Ride Height, Rake, Weight Jackers
- Learning Car Setup on a Simulator
- Race Engineering and Design – John Heinricy
- Becoming a Race Engineer
- Data Acquisition: Using Telemetry for Speed
- Delivering the Power: Engineering the Motor
- Formula 1 Testing – Felipe Massa